Sunday, June 7, 2009

beauty review; make up for ever HD




Recently I went on a search for a new foundation. I originally used a Max Factor foundation stick which was full coverage and unfortunately very oily. After seeing a video on Kim Kardashian's website/blog concerning her makeup, I was very intrigued by the products that she uses and knew I had to try them.. and once I tried the foundation, I knew I had to have it!!

The product is Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It is a medium to full coverage buildable liquid foundation that is said to give a flawless, airbrushed finish. It was actually created for television and movie personalities who will be filmed in HighDef. If you have ever seen HDtv you know that it is unrealistically realistic (yes that's what I said) and perfect looking... so pretty much when I heard the foundation was called HD, this is the impression I got of what my skin could possibly look like! Hello must have!!!

I went to my local Sephora sans makeup so I could try out the foundation fully.

[Sephora is the only place you can purchase Make Up For Ever brand. They sometimes have it on HSN as well]

As soon as the SA put it on my skin, it was love. It literally makes my skin look like natural plastic. Or so says the SA and for once I actually agreed! I normally get really angry with makeup artists and other makeup counter SA's because they lie... I know when my own face looks good and when it doesn't! Anyway... It has great coverage, feels light and airy, makes my skin softer instead of break out and it looks unbelievbly flawless!! And it lasts all day! YAY!

I picked up the HD Foundation as well as the HD Finishing Powder which is made of pure silica. My boyfriend, the geologist, says silica and quartz are the same thing! Just a little bit of useless information : ) Kinda smells like concrete... I liiiiike!

On a side note: the finishing powder will last you FOREVER. It comes in a .35 oz tub and only a TINY bit is used each day. It's sort of like Bare Minerals type deal, KWIM? So this seems like a very rare purchase, which rocks.

So if you're looking for a new foundation I highly, highly recommend Make Up For Ever HD products!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you can only get this in the US. I love your description of plastic skin lol! xx